Monday, May 3, 2010

A change of mind and attitude

KNYTES SCROLL HEADER KNYTECIDE HEADER

Over the last few weeks I have been doing a bunch of internal assessment of myself, where I’m at , what I can do and the fact is while no really what I like , still I have reached concrete. As such the realizations of the fact that point of origin that was our mystic Hazzard(Hagerman) is not so much of a mind to cling to that heritage of Hazzard anymore. The fact that as much as I’d like it, I’m not in the ayre as much as I’d like  anymore and since in reality I ain’t Cooter, the vision from the mirror is; I own albeit old and all still a tow truck, the fact that the Knytes-of Anarchy was after all created to be not a bikers club in any way, but rather a group of those of us who love trucks, no not just pickups , but rather every OTR truck from a vintage Autocar to a trick old Ford or Chevy tow truck, and preserving the vision of old skool trucking and the trucking lifestyle and brotherhood. Truckers are as we look at it, are bikers with more wheels, a bit more steel, and our wheels turn so we can earn , not just cruize for recreation. I no longer own the General Lee, mostly because some butthead in Pocatello refused to sell it back to me and had it crushed or so he said. And the ability right at this point to again reclaim that or build another or even build The Gen Jackson to go a different but likeness path is at best 5 years way down the rode and that is if I live that long.  While Hazzard County was a good foundation, and will remain a part of our heritage, history and will continue to be the marrow of the club  the luster of Hazzard hazz purtty much tarnished. As such quite frankly the Knytes have returned full circle to the point of pre Hazzard . As a truckers / OTR truck fanciers group. For me I’m examining many things of where I feel the my own firm needs to go or to become. But that is me. The club should not be burdened with the yoke of my internal affairs. While still and make no mistake, yes the Knytes-of-Anarchy is built from the core memberships of , the UAITA, The Hazzard Knytes still the Knytes-of- Anarchy is like that of a infant still teething and figuring things out to not only regain the footing we had as the Hazzard Knytes, but run in ways and places that the Hazzard Knytes couldn’t . Be that as it may, I’m changing and realizing I’m not getting younger. A not going away quickly, painful Charlie Horse, brought this realization right into my cranium. This means getting regrounded with daily life directed at going towing, and on radio talking about the concerns of those who know that keeping the wheels turning is how we are earning. So for quite a few miles on this highway of life all things Ayre are being put on the shelf , and I be more doing things from which we were and why we were as a club were created, that being, trucks, trucking and yes, towing. But as always keeping it Hazzard style.

See ya’ll on the highway;

rw pictograph

KNYTES TAIL