Sunday, May 9, 2010

Remembering Moms on Mothers Day , you only get one Mom

A NEW AYRE TRAFFIC HEADER KNYTES SCROLL HEADER

Sitting in Ziggy’s Express today here in Bliss watching so many come in, treating their wives and kids and teen youth treating Mom’s to her special day. Which is one day I hold as a true day to honor, truly honor the one person who sacrificed so much to give you in fact life. In fact life itself, for without Mom (your Mom) you would not be born. So I took a short haul to where it all began for me. The house is falling down now, the vandalism is rampant, yet I can still in the space of my mind I can hear the calls from that kitchen, calling us for dinner, I can hear the sounds of me sitting in the bathtub and Mom telling me , yes son that is pee. Then the house both Dad and Mom built during the 1970’s that is still 20 years ahead of its time, I sat outside hearing the words and remembering my Mom planting flowers, doing chores and just remembering, since on Mothers Day that’s all I can do. Remember. Many call LexiBelle a piece of shit. And granted the paint is pealing and the floor is rusted out, but the reason I keep her, is that, truck, is the last big thing My Mom bought me in 1978. That is for all intents and purposes the one icon of My Mom that still is mine. Earlier today , even with limited funds I ventured over to Grace Idaho, with a small bundle of flowers, put them on Mom’s grave,and think if only if I had done this, or done that perhaps Mom might still be around. That is grasping at a mere thought since COPD had pretty much literally sucked out Mom’s breath and took her life. From age 7 when I wanted to fly, I had Mom’s support, when at age 12 I wanted to be in radio, Mom made sure I at least had the opportunity to do so. When no station wanted to do the kind of radio I wanted to do, it was my Mom that made it happen, that’s why that allocation for a FCC license near Buhl exists today. There are a million things I could list that would take several Blogs to outline. The fact the Air Force of these U.S. – of A , states can land the C-5 A Galaxy cargo plane is due to my Mom, and a design team that my Mom was in charge of that designed that swivel landing gear. The new Firehouse in Hazzard, courtesy of my Mom, yep she raised some money, wrote a check for the rest. That’s what built that. As I said the list goes on, but when I say that I’m owed  billion favors and a hell of allot understanding, it was my suggestion, but it was my , repeat MY MOM who made much of the prosperity of both Hazzard as well as most of Gooding County transpire. So on this Mothers Day, if you want to honor a very special Mom, honor mine, let me catch a few breaks. For the rest of you, when your sitting in your homes after giving your Mom a rest, bless her some more. She might be there now, but think of the rest of us who honor and remember Mom’s. Then give yours an extra hug and kiss and think of what YOUR life would be like if your Mom were no longer there. No matter how bad it is; you only get one Mom.

L8R Aviators

airwolf1 awrw blog sig

Romans 8:1-2“[Life Through the Spirit] Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.


Quote of the day:
Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamppost how it feels about dogs. - Christopher Hampton

 

KNYTES TAIL  AYREWOLF AVIATION LOGO1